- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Service Desk Specialist
Posting Date: July 8, 2014
Closing Date: Open until filled
More info: jobs.waggeneredstrom.com
The Service Desk team plays an important part in the provision and delivery of IT services. It is the first contact internal customers have in their use of TS service and offers a range of services and a holistic approach to support. The Service Desk provides reactive and proactive support on all Agency supported hardware and software.
The Service Desk Specialist is Tier Level 1 support and provides front line computer support to the agency. This is accomplished primarily over the telephone, via e-mail and messenger, but at times may require support at the end-users workstation. The SDS position is a technology generalist and will be required to support a wide array of hardware and software and must be able to solve problems in the moment.
- Ability to deliver/demonstrate high-level customer service and problem solving skills.
- Monitor the Service Desk telephone line and ITSM tool for incoming incidents.
- Support users at their desk when necessary.
- Enter calls into the call tracking software and escalate issues when necessary.
- Escalate problems to appropriate technical personnel as necessary.
- Monitor requests to determine trends and supply feedback to Supervisor.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and hardware.
- Continually work with system specialists/engineers to evaluate method of providing technical support to the Agency.
- Set up laptop loaners for traveling employees.
- Provide support for presentations and other A/V setups.
- Performs network administration tasks as approved and directed by Engineering and Desktop Support.
- Active Directory administration
- Administration of file permissions and data shares
- Basic Exchange administration
- New user setup
- Works directly with and assists system specialists/engineers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provides weekend support when necessary.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- MOS Expert certifications in Word and Excel (in addition to core certifications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint andOutlook).
- A+ Certification
- 2 years customer service experience
- 0 – 1 year supporting technology in a fast paced environment
- 6 months – 1 year experience troubleshooting technology
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on PDX Pipeline!