- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to email@example.com
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Social Media and Community Engagement Manager
OPB is looking for a Social Media and Community Engagement Manager to ensure that OPB’s social media accounts are engaging and timely sources of regional news, and are providing information about OPB, including institutional messages and programming notes. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
This person ensures that OPB’s social media accounts are engaging and timely sources of regional news, and information about OPB, including institutional messages and programming notes. The Manager actively manages OPB’s primary Facebook and Twitter accounts and social media content management tools (such as Hootsuite). The Manager coordinates the movement of content between specific program and individual social media accounts in the organization. In addition to social media traffic, this position is also responsible for monitoring and recommending actions related to online comments and push alerts. The Manager also manages OPB’s participation in the Public Insight Network (PIN) by creating opportunities to add sources to the local database and by running queries against the database for OPB’s content creators.
Most work is done in an office. Work schedule may include early mornings, evenings and weekends and involve travel in inclement weather. Extended periods of using a computer. The position will require regional travel and occasional national travel for PIN training.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in a journalism or social media environment
- Demonstrated experience writing appropriate and effective copy for social networks
- Demonstrated experience managing social media content for an organization in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience building audience through social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and beyond)
- Working knowledge of social media management tools (such as Hootsuite) and HTML
- Experience using social analytics to determine social ROI
- Ability to work effectively across teams and to manage information flow between multiple departments
- Demonstrated experience with public outreach efforts including events and online engagement.
- Experience managing local Public Insight Network database, including recruitment of sources and running database queries
- Passion for news and knowledge of current events from following the news daily
- Familiarity with tools for editing digital audio, video, text and photos
- Ability to identify and appropriately engage local audiences around viral content
- Blogging experience
- Experience moderating comments on online news stories
- Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Social Media and Community Engagement Manager) and where you first learned of this job opening to firstname.lastname@example.org or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
- Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Jan. 30, 2015, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on PDX Pipeline!