- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Social Media Developer (Internship)
Posting Date: May 2, 2014
Closing Date: Open until filled
More info: sparkloftmedia.theresumator.com
Sparkloft Media is looking for a solution-oriented, innovative developer intern to help us with our growing list of social media projects in our Portland, Oregon office.
We’re looking for highly motivated, talented and knowledgeable individuals who love coding and are eager to improve their skills at a social media agency.
Qualified candidates will have a programming background, a high level of curiosity, the ability to learn quickly and a desire to push new web technologies and experiences.
The intern will:
- Develop microsites and Facebook applications for our clients in the travel industry
- Develop in back-end and front-end environments
- Learn the ins and outs of social media
- Propose new concepts and make them happen
- Effectively communicate technical issues with both technical and non-technical peers and work with them to find solutions
- Juggle multiple projects and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Stay on top of best practices in design, user experience and API trends in social media and mobile
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Adept at hand-coding standards-compliant HTML5, XHTML and CSS3
- Strong knowledge of cross-browser issues
- Knowledge of responsive design layouts for mobile devices and different screen sizes
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with front-end web development within frameworks like AppEngine and Rails
The following skills are not required, but would be appreciated:
- Some knowledge of PHP
- Experience building mobile web applications or developing Facebook applications
- Experience integrating with web services and third-party APIs (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Maps)
- Experience with MySQL database
What we offer
- A great hands-on experience in the constantly evolving world of social media
- A great work space in downtown Portland, Oregon
- An open, collaborative work environment with an intense focus on teamwork
- Access to innovative, creative projects with clients around the world
- A team of people that work smart and play hard
How to apply:
As this position is for our Portland (OR) office we are only considering candidates who are currently living in or near Portland. Please use the form on this page to apply and please do not contact us in a different way.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit us.
About Sparkloft Media
Sparkloft Media (www.sparkloftmedia.com) is a Portland, Oregon based social media agency founded in 2008 as a division of GoSeeTell Network, Inc., a social software company. Sparkloft Media provides a wide range of services, including social software development, social media strategy development, social media campaign management and implementation services. The agency’s clients include some of the most innovative organizations in travel and tourism around the world in addition to outdoor and consumer/lifestyle brands, government, non-profit and economic development organizations. Our work environment is one that values teamwork and fosters creativity (along with the occasional ping-pong or foosball game). Besides the work we do for our clients we like create social media projects we find interesting and that will allow us to learn like www.FriendFareFinder.com.
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on PDX Pipeline!