For one day only, it’s OK to forget your pants. The 11th Annual Global No Pants Day is January 12, 2014. Start working on your cover story now, you don’t want to be late to this party!
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events and Info:
- Events: Our Portland Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- 2011 Pictures & Review: “Global No Pants Day | 175 People, 36 Degrees”
- January 12: Andy McKee @ Aladdin Theater | Acoustic Guitar Soloists, Fingerstyle, Folk
- January 11: The Tubes @ Aladdin Theater | Rock, Punk, Hard rock, New wave
2014 Global No Pants Day Requirements, Party, Locations:
Meeting Location: Dixie’s
32 NW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97209
The No Pants Subway Ride is an annual global event started by Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002.” More info at improveverywhere.com.
The mission started as a small prank with seven guys and has grown into an international celebration of silliness, with dozens of cities around the world participating each year. The idea behind No Pants is simple: Random passengers board a subway car at separate stops in the middle of winter without pants. The participants do not behave as if they know each other, and they all wear winter coats, hats, scarves, and gloves. The only unusual thing is their lack of pants.
- 2:00 – Dixie Bar, have a drink & mingle
- 2:45 – Max stop at 1st and Skidmore Fountain.
- 3:15 – Group photo op at Pioneer Square
- 3:45 – 3rd location, directly across from Jakes to do the Can Can
- 4:00 – Pioneer Square, hop back on the max, returning to Skidmore fountain
- 4:15 – The No Pants party at Dixie Bar
It is very important that you bring with you a back pack, a bag, etc to put your pants in, as well as an alibi as to why you’re on the max. In order not to get kicked off of the max you must be headed some where. Oh yes, remember you still are in public I recommend not wearing any thongs!
DONATIONS: We will be collecting donations of hats, scarves, gloves for the local shelters downtown… PLEASE HELP US OUT… There will be a drop off location at Dixie
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:
*This is a participatory event, don’t show up unless you will be taking off your pants*
1) Willing to take pants off on subway/Max
2) Able to keep a straight face about it
3) For those of you travelling with us on the train/max, don’t forget at least $$$ for fare! VERY IMPORTANT!
4) Please be logical in your attire – No g-strings, see thru underwear, clean white under wear. ect,ect. We reserve the right to ask you to leave for poor clothing.
5) FYI – We are not doing Shopping Malls, bookstores,ect,ect. Just the trains/Max
The after party location will be at Dixie Bar at 4:15 till whenever we shut it down!! There will be drink specials. There will be NO PANTS. PERIOD.
If you never been here are a few links below