As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2015, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Tuesday meaning most events will happen the weekend before.
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
WIN PORTLAND TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
2015 Portland Cinco de Mayo Events
- All Weekend: KISN Radio is Back! | Tune to 95.1 For Portland’s Favorite Oldies Station!
- May 1-5: Cinco de Mayo Weekend Celebration in NW Portland @ Santa Fe Taqueria | Drink Specials, Chili Pepper Eating Contest, Live Music & Dancing
- May 1 – 2: FREE Fridays at Portland’s Barrel Room in May! | Dueling Piano Show Bar & Dinner Show, Featuring Nathan Temby & Patty Lund
- May 2: Go Back in Time w/ Radical 80s Dance Cruise Saturdays on Portland Spirit | Cinco de Mayo Weekend, Costumes, DJ MC, Group Discount
- May 2-3: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Named Oregon’s Best Heritage or Cultural Event, Lucha Libre, 2 Entertainment Stages, Boxing, Butterflies & More! (Win Tickets)
- May 3: Willamette Founding Families Legacy Tasting & Grapes of Place Documentary @ Portland Art Museum | Documentary Screening, Food & Wine Pairing
- May 3: FredFest Beer & Food Festival @ Hair of the Dog Brewing | Beer Food Buffet, 100% of Ticket Sales Go To Oregon Zoo Foundation
- May 3: Cinco de Mayo 10K & 5K Run | w/ Terrapin Events, Food, Beer, Mariachi Music & More!
- May 3: PDX Urban Wine Experience @ Union/Pine | w/ Hip Chicks Do Wine, Dozen Wineries, Samples, Food & Discounts (Win Tickets, $240)
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Named Oregon’s Best Heritage or Cultural Event, Lucha Libre, 2 Entertainment Stages, Boxing, Butterflies & More! (Win Tickets)
- May 5: Le Bon Vivant Happy Hour + Tapas Tuesday @ Bar Vivant | Free Tapas, Drink Specials, Wine Discounts, All Night Happy Hour Tuesdays
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Celebration @ EastBurn | Soulsa Dance Party, $2.50 Craft Beer, Peligroso Margaritas, DJ Blas
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 23-26: Memorial Day Weekend Events
- Seattle: Seattle Pipeline’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here