As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2016, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Thursday meaning events will happen all weekend long!
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
2016 Portland Cinco de Mayo Events
- All Weekend: Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- May 1: Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon, 10K & 5K Run | w/ Terrapin Events, Food, Beer, Mariachi Music & More!
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Celebration @ EastBurn | Soulsa Dance Party, $2.50 Craft Beer, Peligroso Margaritas (more info)
- May 5: Bradley Angle Presents 2016 GlamHer Unmasked @ The Nines | New Orleans Style Masquerade Ball, Portland Cinco de Mayo, Benefit for Domestic Violence Shelter, Drag Queens & More!
- May 5-8: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Named Oregon’s Best Heritage or Cultural Event, Lucha Libre, 2 Entertainment Stages, Boxing, Butterflies & More! (Win VIP Passes)
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 23-26: Memorial Day Weekend Events
- Seattle: Seattle Pipeline’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here