As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2015, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Tuesday meaning most events will happen the weekend before.
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
WIN PORTLAND TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
2015 Portland Cinco de Mayo Events
- May 2-3: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Named Oregon’s Best Heritage or Cultural Event, Lucha Libre, 2 Entertainment Stages, Boxing, Butterflies & More!
- May 3: Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon, 10K & 5K Run | w/ Terrapin Events, Food, Beer, Mariachi Music & More (more info)
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Named Oregon’s Best Heritage or Cultural Event, Lucha Libre, 2 Entertainment Stages, Boxing, Butterflies & More!
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 23-26: Memorial Day Weekend Events
- Seattle: Seattle Pipeline’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here